Allison Sheridan NosillaCast Mac Podcast – http://podfeet.com @podfeet
Jonathan Cost – http://www.Thinkmac.net & Mac Tips Daily! Podcast — Twitter @mactipsdaily
Joseph Nilo – HiLo Media http://josephnilo.com / @josephnilo
David Sparks – http://macsparky.com / http://macpowerusers.com / Twitter @macsparky
John F. Braun – http://macgeekgab.com / http://macobsever.com / Twitter @johnfbraun
You can also follow us at @macroundtable
- how can a 1024×768 device support 1080 video via mirrored mode in HDMI???
- Someone asked me what would happen if you plugged the HDMI adapter into an iPad 1…and I didn’t know the answer
Who is upgrading and why?
STEVE IS ALIVE
- the color they demo’d with was freakin’ butt ugly, BUT what an ingenious design! I kept thinking, how does ANYONE keep up with these guys???
- Mobile HotSpot!
- Toggle switch, a “Feature”
- Home sharing goodness
- Not available on iPhone 3G or Verizon CDMA iPhone 4
The “Post-PC” world
Applications for iOS:
Printopia from Ecamm – Lets any printer work with Airprint.
- What (good) options are there for audio in? Internal mic is awful
- accelerometer for how hard he played the piano – how crazy is that?
- Midi in – iConnect – http://www.iconnectmidi.com/
- JAM from Apogee Electronics: http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/jam.php
- if you don’t buy an iPad 2, is there a way to get videos in from say your iPhone or a flip? Without syncing through a computer that is…
- Maybe premature to know until we have an iPad 2 to test it. My guess is that if you have synced videos to your iPad via iTunes then you might be able to edit them if they are in a compatible format.
- None of my enabling Mac Roundtable friends have been able to come up with a good reason for me to replace my 28 month old MacBook Pro – since I put the 60GB Mercury Extreme SSD in it – it’s so fast I never wait for it! Please try to convince me?
- update – OWC says I can take the data doubler and the SSD out of this one and pop it into the new model!
New MBP – ThunderBolt, quad core, 1GB VRAM
[Joseph’s new 15″ MBPro is en route from Shanghai]
Engadget Review: http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/04/macbook-pro-review-early-2011/
And now for something completely different.
fseventer http://www.fernlightning.com/doku.php?id=software:fseventer:start – Shows what files are being created/destroyed, great for diagnosing issues where your HD is churning and you don’t know why.
fs_usage – command from the terminal that shows similar information.
atmonitor – stumbled across this when diagnosing allison had with son’s macbook gpu performance. one of the few utilities that shows gpu vram use and utilization. like activity monitor, but will pull description of what app/process does from various sources.
David: Tom Bihn Ristretto for 13″ MBA – $120
Flick Tunes – iOS – http://flicktunes.com/FlickTunes/Welcome.html
Joseph: Canon EOS 60D DSLR: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_60d
John : KisMAC http://kismac-ng.org/
Allison: Boom $5 from http://globaldelight.com